Augmented & Virtual Reality Applications for Training, Education and Technical Support.
We create Virtual Reality training environments - much like this video - for training purposes.
An alternative to VR is Mixed Reality (MR) using Microsoft's Hololens. You view 3D "holograms" but are still able to see your surroundings.
1) Learn how to get around safely on an oil rig. Before actually being sent there.
2) New employees learn how to operate dangerous or complicated equipment.
3) Safety training (yes: you're allowed to fail!).
1) You have equipment failure and your technician or on-site field engineer is unfamiliar with it.
2) Technical talent is scarce. Not all your new recruits will have the required experience and you cannot send a coach on every service call.
Our platform can be used to provide "remote technical support" in AR apps.
You need one expert in a central location to support many technicians. The AR tool allows the expert to take their field agents through the process step by step.
For an Unesco Site in Europe our partner-team created THIS "virtual tour guide" in AR. Additionally some paintings were "animated" to provide a "real world" impression of life back in the day.
Putting a Data Science team and AR team together can create the killer app: unlock knowledge, data and expertise stored in your institution. For an example of how technologies can be combined: read about Smithsonian's plant identification app.
1) Augment your exhibit with an AR/VR app.
2) Unlock heretofore inaccessible information and expertise. Disseminate it through an app to the general public. A combination of different digital technologies will be used.